We brought No-Knead Bread to Thanksgiving and it was a great hit. This crust is like nothing I would have believed could come out of a home oven. The secret is, I assume, the closed pot. We used a pyrex dish with a glass lid.
One of the other quests at dinner said "Oh, is this that no-knead bread?" It seems to really be making the rounds. (I learned about it from our friends in North Dakota -- ooo! the "Fargo Foodies." hee hee.) I recommend it.Recipe and article, follow-up commentary (read this too), and helpful video are on the New York Times website. My one addition was that we thought that when we followed Bitman's recommendation for increasing the salt it was a wee bit too salty. Maybe something half-way between the recipe and Bitman's recommended increase would be perfect for our taste.
Another article, just this week, in the NYT food section on bread, "Soon the Bread Will Be Making Itself." I haven't yet read it, but it's another no-knead recipe and, judging by the title, it may be even easier. If anyone else tries it, let me know.
1 comment:
She's in the cult. The Kool-Aid isn't so bad once you drink a jar or two, right?
That bread DOES look yummy!
Post a Comment